The mission of Second Act Transition Services, L3C is to provide older adults and their families with help in the physical and emotional aspects of downsizing, relocating to a new home and/or aging in place. At Second Act, we recognize that moving seniors is much more than packing boxes or decluttering and cleaning out a home. It is also about sorting through a lifetime of memories that these possessions hold. We are committed to performing the meaningful work of assisting a person to move or age in place with a lifetime of memories in a compassionate way. Second Act Transition Services helps seniors re-create their living space in a smaller and/or less cluttered environment, so they can better play out the second act of their lives.
Second Act Transition Services, L3C was founded in Aug, 2015 and is a senior move management company serving Northern Vermont that offers older adults and their Families customized and caring support during the transition process of downsizing, sorting, organizing and moving to a new residence or aging in place.
Second Act Transition Services is a member of The National Association of Senior & Specialty Move Managers® and has been awarded the Senior Move Manager-Certified (SMM-C) credential. The Senior Move Manager~Certified (SMM~C) credential is a three–year designation conferred on individuals who have demonstrated advanced knowledge and experience in the Senior Move Management profession.
Individuals who obtain the SMM-C have elevated their professional standards and enhanced their individual performance while demonstrating the knowledge and experience essential to the Senior Move Management profession.
De-Cluttering and Downsizing:
- Clean out garages, basements, and other areas
- Sort household goods to sell, donate, or distribute to family and others
- Arrange for removal of trash and recycling
- Arrange for the donation or sale of unwanted items
- Arrange for light repairs and home modifications, if aging in place
- Document organization and shredding
- Full service internal moves within senior community or assistance with selection of movers
- Arrange for shipments and storage
- Packing for move to new home
- Unpack and set up the new residence if moving locally
- Provide referrals for professionals Senior Move Managers for out of area moves
- Remove packing boxes and clutter